Friday, September 30, 2005

Proof of genius

Years ago, my head teamed with thoughts. Hundreds of thoughts playing tag in my head. Some brilliant. Some impossibly complex. Others were problems emerging. Others emerged, but had no name. Racing to track all the interrelations between thoughts. Millions of thoughts running...playing tag in my head...

I was proud. It was proof of my genius...

One day, I realized...it proved something...but not what I thought...

It proved I was confused.


Does your mind go fast?
Can you slow it down?
Are you happy when it goes fast and furious?


Can you relax at will?

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil Plasma said...

"Does your mind go fast?" It would be more apt to ask the question "Can your mind go fast?"

"Can you slow it down" Yes, and most especially when I am asleep.

"Are you happy when it goes fast and furious" No, just when it goes fast, not furious.

"Can you relax at will" Sure, I can relax at will, at home, at work, at night, at noon and so on...

12:06 PM  
Blogger Phx said...

My mind does go fast. I cannot slow it down, unless I sedate myself. I'm happy when it goes fast if I can write fast enough to keep up. I cannot relax at will. If i'm too full of thoughts and things to do I have to get most of that stuff done/written down before I will relax.

My chiropractor commented that my muscles are extraordinarily tight. Hm.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Copernicus Now said...

Is it your neck and shoulders? That was what it was with me.

I guess Phil is able to relax at will. If so, he may be in the minority. Most of us have to learn to relax.

For a long time, I didn't really want to relax, because I thought the buzzing was an essential component of my creativity.

I was wrong.

Anyway, I expect I'll have more to say about that in upcoming posts.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home