Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Tea with the President

I had tea with the President recently.

He did not seem to be a bright man, but he's very charming and it is easy to see why so many people like him.

So many people make fun of him. I guess he's an easy target. He did start a war in Iraq. The Hurricane Katrina rescue didn't get off to a good start. He says things that seem to make no sense.

I am not here to defend him. But I ask myself why so many people feel so superior to him. They label him an idiot. There is often a crowd around the water cooler talking about how dumb he is. And not just him. Americans in general, they say.

It's legit to criticize him. It's legit to criticize all of our leaders. It's legit to criticize the US. And therein lies the problem.

It's easy to do. It's a piece of cake.

But my message to the world -- to my neighbors, and to myself -- is to WAKE UP!!! It's time to ask ourselves, "what makes us think we are so bright?!"

There are lots of idiots in the US, it's true. But there are lots of idiots in every other country, too. There is no reason to think that the US gets an extra dose of crazies, or psychopaths than any other country.

Maybe the President is a dolt. But how do I know I am not the real idiot? I am asking myself that question. You should be asking yourself the same thing. That's my message.

We are society of people who have a great attachment to our opinions. But as much as we value them, we come by them very casually. It's time to change!! Spread the word.

We go for straw man arguments. We go for the obvious put downs. We criticize other people, but do not question the things that we see as ours.

That's just the start of my message. Don't wait for the rest. Spread the word.

I lied about the tea.

4 Comments:

Blogger Officially Jared said...

i think you are exactly right. keep it up.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Phil Plasma said...

LIAR!!!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Mr K said...

I wouldn't like to label all Americans idiots. And George Bush isn't truly an idiot... I just wish that he would, you know, learn to speak so he doesn't SOUND like one. Its embarrasing to listen to him...

9:20 AM  
Blogger Phx said...

We go for straw man arguments. We go for the obvious put downs. We criticize other people, but do not question the things that we see as ours.

I think some might find it easier to put someone down than to compliment them. Like they may think it's easier to frown than to smile (when smiling uses less muscle than a frown).

As for Bush's speeches--he may need to practice them before he reads them, but keep in mind that someone else writes them.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home