Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My Daughter has Croup

My daughter has the croup.

Fortunately, my wife recognized what was happening right away and got her outside quickly into the cool moist night air.

Croup can be pretty serious -- even lethal. It's very scary when your child is coughing like a seal and gasping for air. Thankfully, my wife's fast thinking really helped, as my daughter's breathing eased up within a few minutes. My daughter was able to relax and laugh about her funny cough.

I would not have even recognized what it is, so I am really grateful to my wife for being so knowledgeable.

Now, I suppose, we just have to get through a night or two.

Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That's too bad. I had croup when I was an infant.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Peter said...

That must have been really scary for all of you. I'm glad to hear things are better now.

I'd pick up some of the slack for you but my VPN connection isn't working for some reason ;-)

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home