Thursday, October 20, 2005

My Two Universes

I live in two universes.

The first is an infinite, stark, awful universe of indifference.
Sometimes beautiful.
Always terrifying.
Always indifferent.
Mindless of me.
Mindless of my loved ones.
A universe in which the entire life cycle of the earth
And all its wondrous beings
Mean zero.
A universe in which all our wars, our anger. Even our total annihilation.
Mean zero.

Less.


My second universe is a jewel, cradled in the palm of the first.
There is compassion.
There everything is connected.
There you and I are special.

What I want to tell you about my universes is this:
When I forget that they are the same universe
I get a bit psycho.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

heh, yeah I think I kind of get what you mean there. Its a little weird, possibly from the conlict of logic and emotion.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Phil Plasma said...

Of course there is a third universe, the one in our minds that allows us to imagine things odd, amazing, wonderous, dangerous, deranged and calamitous.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home