Thursday, December 29, 2005

Advice on Seeking Advice on Meeting Women

Speaking of women and relationships,

Boys pay more attention to pretty girls than plain ones. Girls pay more attention to the pretty boys than plain ones. It's not right, but pretty people get special treatment. It's not right, but everybody knows it's true.

Personally, I am one of the plain ones. (Boys that is.) I have never gotten a lot of special treatment because of my looks. That's okay, though. I make up for it in other ways.

And, what's really important, is that I have married up in the world. I married a woman who is, properly speaking, better than I shoulded have dared to hope for, given my plainness.

So, this post is for you dumb, plain, lonely guys out there. The me's of the world. If you are looking for advice on how to meet and get into a relationship with a nice woman...don't waste your time asking the good looking guys. I know it's tempting. Especially when you see how confident they are with the women. And how so many women fawn over them.

Because that is just stupid. All too often, the only thing the good looking guy with the trophy girlfriend really knows about getting together with women is that you should start by being good looking.

If you want good advice, look around til you see that homely guy with a girlfriend (or wife) who seems to completely outclass him. Look for the couples that make you think why is that goddess going with that lowly dude? Then go and ask him what his secret is. Sure as shootin', that boy knows something about women.

That's what I did. And I ended up with a woman who is wa-a-a-y too good for me.

And that is exactly what every man should aim for in a marriage.

Spread the word. 'Night.

7 Comments:

Blogger dus7 said...

Nice.
Or not. What about the plain women?
We're rather feeding the myth of looks matter a lot! here, a myth that has already overtaken Western culture. Also, as you say you've found personally, looks are less important to women; we want strength, for instance.

What does way too good for me mean? She's pretty and you're not? She's from wealthy folks and you're not? She's better educated? She's honest, clean, etc. and you're not? Or she accepts you as you are? :)

7:25 AM  
Anonymous copernicusnow said...

I was deliberately being ambiguous.

Actually, she does happen to be much better looking than I am. But she is also a better human being in so many ways. She is incredibly thoughtful, where I tend to be pretty self-centred. Of course, I have improved with age.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Mr K said...

Heh, I dunno if guys could always give advice anyway. My words of wisdom would be "blind luck"..... I do pretty well once I'm actually in the relationship, but it's getting there....

12:16 PM  
Blogger dus7 said...

Just wishing you a very Happy New Year!
:)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Phil Plasma said...

Yes.

5:08 AM  
Blogger L>T said...

what i would like to see is a guy look at a 'plain' woman as the most beautiful in the world...
That is romance.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Copernicus Now said...

Please see my next post for a deeper look at this topic.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home